I'm spending some time writing about myself because I think it's important that each member of a team likes one another. I'm looking for a job, and if I'm going to fit on a team, I want them to know me for who I am!
I am happiest when I get to do a little bit of everything: drawing, designing, tinkering, meeting customers, filming a video, writing an exposé, delivering a cake... My ideal environment is part creative and part interactive. My all-time favorite work is making up silly content, like ProductHintr. If you need someone who wants to be on their feet, just holler – I'll be at my standing desk.
My degree is in PR, though I began school in fine art and I've worked in web and design (visuals/UI) for almost 10 years, ever since I started tinkering with small business websites in middle school. Since then, I've been happy to try almost everything else – from babysitting, to wedding planning, to volunteering with tigers. In my spare time, I write and read kids' books, learn a second langauge, jog, and write to my pen pals.
People I Admire:
- Denise Austin, ultimate ray of sunshine, magnum opus of the entire 80's decade
- Quentin Blake, perhaps the King of Scribblers, Roald Dahl's illustrator
- Kurt Vonnegut, a satirist, a humanist, and a legend who also happened to be a Scribbler
I'm a Part of:
- PechaKucha Night, the art of concise public speaking
- Inter/Act Youth, America's first and foremost Intersex youth and media advocacy group, representing the often quiet I in LGBTQIA
- University YMCA (where I spent my college years), educating students for social justice, global diversity, and environmental action since 1844