Other people make the world go round. Customers I have served include brides, college deans, makeup artists, and parents of technology Wunderkinder headed off to sleepaway camp. I've listened carefully to piano salesmen, led small children through a tornado shelter, and tiptoed through the awkward scenario of a client's canceled wedding. Through all of this, I have learned to always, before saying or doing anything, consider what the other person is feeling and what they want the outcome of our interaction to be. I am all about soft skills: speaking, writing, empathy, and perfectly crafted emails.
In work, I am happiest when I get to do a little bit of everything: drawing, designing, tinkering, meeting customers, filming a video, writing an exposé, delivering a cake... My ideal environment is part creative, part social, and part active. If you need someone who wants to be on their feet, just holler—I'll come to you.
My degree is in Advertising Public Relations, though I began school in fine art and have worked in web and visual design for a long time. Since then, I've been happy to try almost everything else – from babysitting, to wedding planning, to volunteering with tigers. My all-time favorite hobby is making up silly internet content, like ProductHintr. In my spare time, I write and read kids' books and comics, learn a second langauge, jog, and write to my pen pals.
You can see many examples of my design and customer service work on my LinkedIn profile.
I hope we can work together!
- Can I Use I? on Amazon, the book I edited and illustrated for young writers, together with author Catherine Prendergast
- ProductHintr, a generator for free startup ideas
- The Kitchen Troll, a children's story of just desserts - written and illustrated for a friend's birthday
- And others on Behance
People I Admire:
- Denise Austin, ultimate ray of sunshine, magnum opus of the entire 80's decade
- Quentin Blake, perhaps the King of Scribblers, Roald Dahl's illustrator
- Kurt Vonnegut, a satirist, a humanist, and a legend who also happened to be a Scribbler
I'm a Part of:
- PechaKucha Night, the art of concise public speaking
- Inter/Act Youth, America's first and foremost Intersex youth and media advocacy group, representing the often quiet I in LGBTQIA
- University YMCA (where I spent my college years), educating students for social justice, diversity, and environmental action since 1844